What are the Benefits of Electric Cars?
If you’re in the market for an electric car around Queens, you’re probably wondering about the benefits of electric cars. There are many environmental benefits of electric cars, as well as cost savings for your daily Brooklyn commute. Each day, we notice that more and more drivers are making the switch to electric, and we think this trend will continue in the near future. So, let’s check out some of the benefits of electric cars with the experts at Bay Ridge Volkswagen today! For more information, feel free to contact us anytime!
The Many Benefits of Electric Vehicles
There are many benefits of electric vehicles, especially when you consider the cost and environmental savings. Due to these benefits, you’ll continue to see the positives of owning an electric vehicle around Staten Island. Let’s check out some of the benefits of electric cars in more detail below:
- Zero Emissions: One of the many environmental benefits of electric cars is that they have closer to zero tailpipe emissions. Most electric vehicles do not even have a need for an exhaust system, as a gas engine is not needed to keep the vehicle on the road.
- Renewable Energy: Yet another environmental benefit of electric cars is that they are able to take advantage of renewable energy such as solar, wind, and water.
- Reduced Maintenance: Because electric vehicles do not have a gas engine, there is no need for regular oil changes or other frequent maintenance.
- Quieter Drive: Another benefit of electric vehicles is that they provide a quieter drive, as there is no engine noise.
- Performance: Performance is unmatched, which is extremely exciting if you’re a car enthusiast. You’ll experience nearly instant torque, adding an extra thrill to your Brooklyn drives.
There are many benefits of electric cars, especially the cost and environmental benefits. To find the right car for you, check out our vehicle finder service to get input from our experts!
How To Prepare For an EV
- Prepare Your Garage: It’s important to have an at-home charging station, which would either be a Level 1 or Level 2, each providing different charging times. Although charging stations are becoming more popular around Brooklyn, they are not yet as commonplace as gas stations, so you want at-home charging to be your primary charging method.
- Find Local Charging Stations: Make sure you know where the charging stations are around Brooklyn in case you’re out and need to quickly charge up. Companies such as PlugShare and Chargeway are some of the most common in the area.
- Explore Incentives: There are various incentives to purchasing an EV, especially when it comes to tax credits. Depending on where you live, you could be eligible for up to a $7,500 tax credit if you purchase an electric vehicle.
Find Your Electric Car Today at Bay Ridge Volkswagen!
Now that you know more about the benefits of electric cars, come stop by Bay Ridge Volkswagen and see them for yourself! Browse our new vehicle inventory, and meet with our finance center to start the buying process! Be sure to use our new vehicle specials to save big on your new ride around Bronx!